Thursday 27 August 2009

Arriving

So today I got up at 04.30 “blææææhhh”!!! I was at Gardermoen at 05.47 :0P... Of course there was a problem with my ticket, I had change the flight date from the 11 aug to the 27 aug so that meant trouble, they even wanted me to pay twice for the darn thing... In the end I did get onboard the plane, but in arriving in Vienna I had to check in again, just me thou’ my luggage was sent directly to Cairo?? ?! 

The flight itself, from Vienna to Cairo was great. I had clear sky all the way through, and we passed Lake Balaton, Skopje and southern Greece so there were lots to see. 

Arriving in Cairo the whole “passing customs and all the scary military guards” was surprisingly easy, I went straight through... Afterwards there was some waiting, for a student that never showed up, for the pick-up from AUC. Then we got stuck in traffic :0P

Cairo is a Huuuuuge city it seems to have no limits, but driving through you’ll have a wide range of sceneries; palm trees, huge mosques, beautiful buildings just being finished and completely deteriorated houses/shacks... 

Driving in Cairo is quite an experience every car has at least 10 scratches or bumps; I think the average was about 20... There are no car lanes, you drive where you want to drive; three-lanes turn into four-lanes, a u-turn is always possible and if you feel like driving diagonal it’s cool! And all comes with tonnes of horn honking...

Right now I’m in the Zamalek student residence, not being allowed to go to my room before midnight :0P, I’m lounging in the lobby meeting the local security guards and American employees... Tired now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment